Computer Tips

Helpful computer advice. Handling e-mail. Cleanup tools that get the job done. Is your computer down to a crawl? Overcome with pop-ups? Try these solutions. I've found them to be very effective.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Greater Cleveland Area, Ohio, United States

My husband and I live just outside Cleveland, Ohio, on beautiful Lake Erie. We have linked troubled youth and adults with life-changing programs since 1983.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

How to Create a Web Page: Tutorial for Beginners

It's about time you learned! Kids can do this stuff. 


Back in the 90s, when someone first approached me, suggesting I learn how to create a web page, I laughed in their face and called them crazy. They said nothing but pointed me to a web page about the Titanic. Out of pure curiosity, I checked it out. 


The site was nothing fancy but it immediately drew me in, moving me along from picture to picture. Along the way, I noticed the site had won an award for being in the top 5% of web sites on the Internet. Then deeper in, about four pages, I read an apology by the webmaster. I can't remember his exact words, but he said something like, "I'm really sorry it's taking me so long to finish this website. Please understand I'm only 12 years old and I'm working on this project after school hours, using school equipment, when it's available."


That did it! I said to myself, "If this kid can do this, I can do this!" Then I went searching for "web design for kids" to find a simple explanation of how it's done. The rest is history. I stopped counting after creating web page 2,000.


Well, now you can learn HTML on YouTube. This beginning tutorial runs about 35 minutes. Pause and rewind as needed so you can easily follow along, duplicating what you see on the screen. Grab a cup of coffee and get started!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous john@ccna exam said...

nice blog for the beginners to create web page.....great tutorial.....keep posting

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to add your comments. All comments will be sent to the site administrator for approval. You will be able to view your comments within 24 hours.

<< Home